Nothing beats chocolate. Well, apart from chocolate as part of a very sweet pie!
The original recipe came from Woman’s Day – it used Snickers, but instead I went for Mars bars and I also decided to add a caramel layer. To get the caramel I used some Nestle Caramel Top ‘n’ Fill – no work required as it comes straight out of the can!
Update: if this recipe isn’t quite what you are looking for but you still want to make something with Mars bars, then how about this cheesecake?
- 100g/1 stick unsalted butter, chopped up
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain/all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 can (380g/13oz) Nestle Caramel Top ‘n’ Fill
- 8-10 mini snack-sized Mars bars, sliced
- Icing sugar to dust
- Coat a 23cm/9in pie dish (or springform pan if you don’t have a pie dish) with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan until the mixture starts to bubble.
- Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1 egg and the vanilla, then stir in the flour and baking powder.
- Put 3/4 cup of the mixture into the pan (don’t spread), then freeze for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced/350F.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave.
- Stir the melted choc chips, an egg and the cocoa powder into the remaining batter mix.
- Press the chilled blondie batter evenly over the bottom of the pie dish.
- Then pour in the Top ‘n’ Fill and spread out.
- Top with the sliced Mars bars.
- Then carefully spread the chocolate batter over the Mars bars, smoothing the top.
- Bake for approx 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Cool before dusting with icing sugar and cutting into slices to serve.