On Friday night I was looking for a snack to go with our drinks. I opened up my newly purchased secondhand copy of “The Best Recipes from the [Australian Women’s] Weekly” and discovered this recipe.
The photo just doesn’t do them justice ( – maybe something to do with the pre-snack drink….). If you like cheese and you like potato chips then you are going to go crazy for these.
Ingredients – makes approx 20 bites
- 60g/2oz butter
- 90g/3oz grated cheese (I used Tasty, which is like cheddar)
- 1 cup potato chips, lightly crushed (I used plain, but you can use your favourite)
- 1/2 plain (all purpose) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon wholegrain mustard, optional (use of this would depend on your chip flavour)
- pinch of pepper
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced/350F.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan on the stove, or in a suitable bowl in the microwave.
- Add the grated cheese, the crushed potato chips, flour, mustard (if using), and pepper, then stir to combine.
- Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls, flatten slightly then place on a non-stick baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy with your favourite drink!