This might just be one of the healthiest recipes that I have posted so far. Well, they certainly look healthy anyway!
I have served these with some brown rice (I was lazy and used a microwaveable pack that has vegetables included!), but you could put them with rice noodles, or even mix them with a spicy tomato sauce and a dish of pasta. The other good thing about this recipe is that you could make smaller size meatballs and have them with some sweet chilli sauce as an appetiser or even party food.
Ingredients – makes approx 14 medium size meatballs
- 2 spring (green) onions, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, de-seeded and finely sliced
- small handful of fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped
- 2cm/1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tbspn dried garlic granules
- 500g/18oz turkey mince (ground)
- oil, for frying
- Put the spring onions, red chilli, coriander and ginger in a bowl and stir to mix.
- Add the breadcrumbs, garlic granules and turkey mince to the bowl and mix well (tip: use your clean hands to mix – it may be messy but it works better than a spoon!).
- Form the mix into meatballs and place on a plate.
- Heat a little oil in a deep non-stick frying pan and then add the meatballs.
- Cook, turning occasionally, over a medium/high heat for approximately 10 minutes or until the meatballs are golden brown all over and cooked through.