I’ve been really getting into asian-style dishes in the last couple of months – you may have noticed! This stir fry is great for a weeknight dinner.
It looks pretty healthy too! You could maybe add more vegetables in the form of sliced red capsicum (bell pepper) or even finely sliced carrot.
Ingredients – serves 4:
- 4 skinless chicken thighs (approx 400g/14oz), sliced into strips
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- olive or vegetable oil for cooking
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 200g/7oz button mushrooms, sliced (not finely)
- 2 spring (green) onions, sliced into 2cm/1in lengths
- Combine the chicken strips with the oyster sauce, soy sauce, cornflour, sugar and sesame oil in a large bowl. Mix well, cover with cling wrap and leave to marinade for 15 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a wok, (or a large non-stick frying pan), and cook the brown onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan, toss and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the onion and mushrooms to a plate.
- Heat some more oil in the wok, then cook the chicken, stirring often, until golden brown (approx 6-8 minutes depending on how fine your slices are).
- Return the brown onion and mushrooms to the pan, and add the spring (green) onions. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!