These mini meatloaves are extremely easy to make and very tasty. I’ve made this recipe in the traditional loaf shape before, but it just doesn’t look as appealing as these individual ones. Using this method also makes very conveniently sized leftovers for lunchboxes.
I’ve found that this dish is great for ‘sneaking’ extra vegetables into an evening meal. The zucchini (courgette) and carrots are grated and when cooked you really don’t notice that you are eating them. The sweetcorn is a bit more obvious, but as it is sweet it is never hard to eat.
I served these meatloaves with sweet potato wedges and some salad. For the sweet potato wedges, roughly peel two sweet potatoes and cut into wedges, then place on a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil and season to taste. They will take about as long as the meatloaves to bake in the oven, so they make an ideal side.
Ingredients – makes 6 mini meatloaves:
- approx 600g/21 oz beef mince (ground)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 medium zucchini, grated
- 200g/7 oz sweetcorn kernels (I used tinned kernels that I drained)
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce, plus extra to top
- small pinch of dried chilli flakes
- dried mixed herbs and black pepper, to season
- Heat your oven to 200C/180C fan forced/390F.
- Spray a 6-hole ‘texas’ muffin pan with some cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Divide the meat mixture between the 6 holes of the prepared muffin pan.
- Top each meatloaf with an extra swirl of barbeque sauce.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.