Got a sweet tooth? You have to make these easy blondies.
I think these might have just taken first place with regards to being my favourite out of brownies and blondies. I must admit that they are quite sweet but who doesn’t love something sweet every now and then?
These are called double caramel because not only are there caramel chips mixed through the batter, but I also melted caramel chips together with white chocolate to form the batter itself. Double yum 🙂
I always have a little trouble with timing my brownies so they aren’t super-fudgy in the middle or over-cooked around the outside. The great thing about these is that, once they are cooled, the fudgy bits will firm up nicely so you don’t need to worry too much.
These are best eaten within a day of being made but if you put them in an airtight container they will keep for about 3 days.
Ingredients – makes about 32 bite-size pieces:
- 250g/9 oz caramel chips (I used Nestle)
- 180g/6 oz white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 150g/5 oz unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (firmly packed) brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups plain (all purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- Heat your oven to 180C/160C fan forced/350F.
- Line a 30cm x 20cm (12 inch x 8 inch) slice pan with baking paper.
- Put half the caramel chips plus all the white chocolate, butter and milk into a small saucepan over a medium-low heat. Stir until the ingredients melt and combine. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat together the brown sugar and eggs until creamy.
- Gradually add the caramel choc mixture to the sugar and eggs, stirring to mix.
- Add both the flours and stir to form the batter.
- Once the flour has combined, fold through the remaining caramel chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and then bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is just set but the centre is still fudgy when a skewer is inserted.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely in the pan. (If you can’t wait then you can cut the blondies before they cool but the middle pieces may still be soft.)
- Serve and enjoy!