This is the cheat’s way to make delicious cupcakes.
I’ve never had the patience for cupcakes – I always get bored by the time I have decorated the first few out of the batch. But not when I make them this way.
This recipe gives you beautifully moist cupcakes with a hint of Baileys flavour in literally minutes. You don’t need an electric mixer, or even a set of scales. And by using ready-made frosting you can spend your time having fun using sprinkles rather than worrying about perfect piping.
To make these even better, you don’t need expensive cake mix – I use the cheapest from the supermarket at a grand price of $0.88.
Ingredients – makes 12 cupcakes:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1 egg
1 packet (340g/12 oz) vanilla cake mix
ready-made vanilla frosting, to decorate
- sprinkles of your choice, to decorate
- Heat your oven to 180C/160C fan forced/350F.
- Line 12 holes of a muffin pan with cupcake papers.
- In a jug, whisk together the oil, Baileys, milk, sour cream and egg.
- Place the cake mix into a medium bowl. Add the liquid from the jug and then mix with a fork until smooth.
- Carefully divide the batter between the cupcake papers in the pan.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes – the time taken will depend on the depth of the cupcake papers that you are using. They are cooked when a skewer inserted into one of the centre cakes comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, spread a little frosting over the top of each cupcake. Decorate with sprinkles of your choice.
- Serve and enjoy!