These are perfect treats whatever the weather.
It is winter here in Perth but it is still warm enough to enjoy cool ice pops like these. I actually think I’m going to keep some in the freezer all year round 🙂
I was inspired to make these because I found a set of popsicle molds in Kmart last weekend and they were just $2 for a set of 6. I’m not one to pass up a bargain kitchen item, and I’m glad that I didn’t as they are really good quality for the price. When the weather does get warmer here then I have no doubt that they will fly off the shop shelf never to be in stock again.
This recipe contains alcohol so is only suitable for grown ups. If you do have children in your household then please omit the Bacardi!
Ingredients – makes 6 pops:
200g/7 oz pineapple pieces (I used pineapple pieces canned in juice)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice (mine came from the can of pineapple pieces)
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- dash of lime juice (from a bottle is fine)
- 1 tbsp Bacardi rum (or any white rum you have)
- Divide the pineapple pieces between the popsicle molds.
- Put the remaining ingredients in a small jug and stir to combine.
- Carefully pour the cream into the popsicle molds until full, then place the plastic handles into position. You may have to jiggle the handles slightly to re-position the pineapple pieces.
- Freeze for at least 3-4 hours or until set.
- Remove from the molds. Tip: hold each mold for a few moments so the heat from your hands releases the mold from the ice pop.
- Serve and enjoy!