Simple yet delicious.
This slice would be perfect for a child’s birthday party but, judging by my husband’s reaction, I think it appeals just as much to adults 🙂
I love this because of the creamy white chocolate flavour which is perfect when combined with the crunch of the rice bubbles. And the colourful sprinkles make it look so pretty. If you don’t have long sprinkles like these then ‘hundreds and thousands’ would work perfectly well instead.
Another great thing about this slice is that it makes lots of pieces but doesn’t cost very much. This is especially the case if you use your supermarket’s own brand rice bubbles rather than a famous brand. This is actually the first time I have seen marshmallow fluff for sale here, so if you have any trouble finding it just throw in a handful of white marshmallows instead.
Ingredients – makes about 30 pieces:
2 cups chocolate rice bubbles
- 2 cups plain rice bubbles
- 1/4 cup coloured sprinkles, plus 2 tbsp extra
- 200g/7 oz white chocolate
- 100g/3.5 oz unsalted butter, diced
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff (or a handful white marshmallows instead)
- Line a 30cm x 20cm (12 inch x 8 inch) slice pan with baking paper.
- Place both types of rice bubbles and 1/4 cup sprinkles into a large bowl and stir to mix.
- Put the white chocolate, butter, sugar and marshmallow fluff in a small saucepan over a low heat and stir until melted together.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal and then quickly stir to ensure that all the rice bubbles are coated.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared pan and spread it out into the corners. Press lightly all over to level the surface.
- Scatter over the remaining 2 tbsp of coloured sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours or until set.
- Remove the slice from the pan and use a sharp knife to cut into pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!