If you want a quick and hearty breakfast you can’t go wrong with this. There are only a few ingredients but there is certainly no lack of flavour. It takes less than 20 minutes to cook and doesn’t require any major kitchen skills 🙂
Don’t have any chorizo? Bacon would work instead, although it doesn’t quite have the same kick. You could add a little cayenne pepper or tabasco sauce to the pan to compensate.
This really doesn’t need to be served with anything else but it you do want to bulk up the meal then go with the classic thick cut toast. You could also add some baked beans on the side.
Ingredients – serves 2:
2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 chorizo sausage (approx 125g/4.5 oz), diced
- small drizzle of olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 2 eggs
- fresh basil leaves, optional, to serve
- Heat a griddle pan/skillet over a medium-high heat then add the sweet potato. Drizzle over a little olive oil and use tongs to toss to lightly coat the potato in the oil. (Tip: you don’t need to add very much oil – just a little drizzle.)
- Cook for 2 minutes then add the chorizo and toss to mix with the potato. Season with some freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook, tossing occasionally to turn the mixture, for about 8 minutes or until the potato is just tender.
- Carefully crack the eggs into the pan and then cook to your liking.
- Once the eggs are cooked, scatter over the fresh basil leaves (if using) and then serve immediately.