These are delicious.
Pancakes are not something that I make very often, but with Shrove Tuesday, aka Pancake Day, nearly here I thought that I would make some loaded with raspberries and blueberries.
I like these because they have just the right amount of sweetness, and the fruit gives them an extra juicy zing with each bite. I served these with whipped cream, which melted whilst I was trying to snap my photos 🙂 , but they would also be great on their own or with ice cream. Perhaps not with ice cream if you are eating them for breakfast…
Ingredients – serves 4:
- 2 cups plain (all purpose) flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 3/4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2/3 cup frozen raspberries, partly thawed
- 2/3 cup frozen blueberries, partly thawed
- whipped cream, optional, to serve
- Stir together the flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a jug, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla essence.
- Mix together the wet and the dry ingredients and whisk until most lumps are gone.
- To cook, heat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat and pour in 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Depending on the size of your pan, you can probably make 2 or 3 pancakes at a time.
- Drop a few raspberries and blueberries into the batter while each pancake is cooking.
- Flip once tiny bubbles appear on the pancakes.
- Cook for about 30 seconds more, or until the pancakes lift easily and are lightly golden on both sides.
- Serve topped with a few berries and some whipped cream, if using.