I made this in about 5 minutes.
If you can open a couple of cans and a jar then you can make this. All you have to do is combine the 4 ingredients for the chili in a saucepan to warm through and then microwave a packet of rice. Perfect for a weeknight dinner 🙂
I love the chunky texture and the strong smoky flavour of the chipotle coming from the salsa. Of course if you don’t like, or can’t get, that type of salsa then just use your favourite type. The end result won’t be exactly the same but I’m sure it will still be tasty.
You could also serve this with tortillas or tacos if you don’t like rice.
Ingredients – serves 4:
- approx 400g/14 oz can cooked chicken breast in springwater, drained and flaked
- 400g/14 oz can mixed beans or red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g/7 oz can sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 453g/16 oz jar chipotle salsa (I used Mission Black Bean & Chipotle Salsa)
- 1 packet microwave ready rice, to serve
- light sour cream and coriander leaves, optional, to serve
- Put the flaked chicken, beans, sweetcorn and salsa in a saucepan over a medium heat and stir until warmed through.
- Heat the packet of rice in the microwave according to the packet directions.
- Divide the rice between your serving plates then top with the chili.
- Dollop on a little sour cream and add a couple of coriander leaves, if using.
- Serve and enjoy! (Yes, it really is that simple!)