These use just 4 ingredients.
If you are looking for a last minute chocolate treat for St Patrick’s Day then these might suit. You only need a little bit of Guinness, a packet of brownie mix, 2 eggs and some vanilla frosting. That’s it 🙂
I love these because they combine the strong flavour of Guinness with the decadence of chocolate, and each bite is topped off by the creamy vanilla frosting. They almost look like a glass of Guinness too.
If Guinness isn’t your favourite then you could use Kilkenny or another type of stout or dark beer instead.
Ingredients – makes approximately 32 bite-sized pieces:
150ml/5 oz Guinness, plus 2 tbsp extra
- 1 box (560g/20 oz) brownie mix – I used Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- 2 eggs
- ready-made vanilla frosting, to decorate
Heat your oven to 180C/160C fan forced/350F.
Line a rectangular pan (approx 32cm x 18cm / 13in x 7in) with baking paper.
Put the Guinness into a medium bowl then add the brownie mix and the eggs. Beat until smooth.
- Transfer the brownie batter to the prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out with a few crumbs on it.
- Remove from the oven and immediately drizzle over the remaining 2 tbsp of Guinness. The brownies should soak up the beer.
Leave to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Remove the baking paper once cooled.
- Spread the vanilla frosting over the brownie slab, then use a sharp knife to cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!