This tasty salad takes 5 minutes to make.
I love this as a super-speedy lunch. There is no cooking required – the main effort is to open three cans from the pantry 🙂
The great thing about this salad is that it is very filling. If you have any left-overs, pack them into small plastic containers and take them to work.
I used a can of mixed beans but you could use a small can of cannellini beans and a small can of red kidney beans instead. The parsley can be substituted for baby spinach leaves if you prefer.
As I have mentioned previously, I always buy tuna that is caught by pole and line. It does cost a little bit more but, if you can afford it, please consider making the switch.
Ingredients – serves 4:
- 425g/15 oz can tuna in springwater, drained
- 400g/14 oz can three bean mix, drained and rinsed
- 400g/14 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 handful fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (I used tasty/cheddar)
- 1/4 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- freshly ground black pepper, to serve
- Put the tuna, bean mix and chickpeas into a large bowl and stir.
- Add the parsley leaves and grated cheese. Stir.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and mustard until combined.
- Gently mix the mustard mayonnaise through the salad.
- Place the salad onto your serving plate and top with a little freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!