Just 3 ingredients, plus your favourite ice cream.
I bought a big bag of grapes last week because they were a bargain at only $3 for a kilo. However we hadn’t managed to eat them all and some were starting to look a little past their best. So this tart was created. Delicious 🙂
I love that it takes 5 minutes to prepare with just 3 ingredients. I served it with vanilla ice cream, which worked perfectly, but if you like another flavour then I’m sure that would be good too.
If you don’t have red grapes then you can use white – the only requirement is that they are seedless. This really would not be good with seeded grapes.
Ingredients – serves 4:
- 1 sheet frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed (my sheet was 25cm/10 inches square)
- 1 large bunch red seedless grapes, removed from stalks
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- your favourite ice cream, to serve
- Heat your oven to 200C/180C fan forced/390F.
- Place the thawed pastry sheet on a large non-stick baking tray.
- Pile the grapes into the middle of the pastry sheet. Fold the pastry up at the edges to hold the grapes in place.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of the tart.
- Using a small sharp knife, carefully pierce a few of the grapes. This will let them release their juices onto the pastry as they cook.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Serve topped with dollops of ice cream.