If you can fry bacon then you can make this – it is super easy and quick to put together, and it cooks in the oven in just 30 minutes.
If you’ve read this blog before then you probably know that pasta with a creamy sauce is one of my favourite meals. I think this dish may rate equally as highly 🙂 I love the soft pillows of gnocchi hidden inside the tasty cheesy sauce. The sweet little pieces of tomato add flavour and also bursts of colour too.
The beauty of this recipe is that you can use whatever creamy pasta sauce you have in your pantry. If you don’t want to use bacon then leave it out or substitute it – try left-over cooked sausages or chicken pieces instead.
A green salad and some crusty garlic bread are perfect sides for this meal.
Ingredients – serves 4:
- 150g/5 oz bacon, diced
- 150g/5 oz button mushrooms, chopped
- 490g/18 oz jar your favourite creamy pasta sauce (I used Dolmio Creamy Mushroom)
- 1 cup milk
- 500g/18 oz packet potato gnocchi (I found this in the pasta aisle at the supermarket)
- 1 cup grated cheese
- small bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- freshly ground black pepper, to serve
- Cook the bacon and mushrooms in a small non-stick frying pan until the bacon is golden.
- Heat your oven to 200C/180C fan forced/390F. Spray an oven-proof dish with a little cooking spray.
- Mix the pasta sauce and milk in a jug.
- Put the bacon, mushrooms, gnocchi, and pasta sauce mixture into the prepared dish and stir to mix.
- Add the majority of the cheese and the parsley, then stir gently.
- Place the tomato pieces over the top of the gnocchi, then scatter over the remainder of the cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the gnocchi are tender and the cheese is golden.
- Remove from the oven and top with a little freshly ground black pepper and a couple of extra parsley leaves.
- Serve and enjoy!