If you love Maltesers then this slice is perfect for you. Actually, I think crackle is a more appropriate description because it is easier to break this into pieces rather than to cut neat squares 🙂
I love rice bubble treats like this as they take very little time to prepare – you just have to be patient whilst it chills in the fridge to set the chocolate.
Of course I wouldn’t recommend this as something you would eat on a regular basis, but it is ideal for a weekend treat. Plus, with Halloween not too far away, this is perfect for using up any excess chocolate you have lying around the house…
Ingredients – serves 6:
- 250g/9 oz Maltesers
- 250g/9 oz milk chocolate
- 100g/3.5 oz unsalted butter
- 3 cups rice bubbles (I used my supermarket’s own brand)
- Line a shallow rectangular slice pan with baking paper.
- Put half the Maltesers into a small saucepan with half the chocolate and all the butter. Place over a medium-low heat and stir until the chocolate and butter have melted. The malt ball centres of the Maltesers will still be solid, but that is fine.
- Put the rice bubbles into a large bowl then, working quickly, pour the melted chocolate/Malteser mixture over the bubbles. Stir to coat.
- Tip the coated rice bubbles into the prepared pan and use the back of a spoon to press firmly into the corners.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in the microwave (in 30 second bursts until smooth). Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the slice.
- Chop the remaining Maltesers roughly and then scatter them over the slice.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours until the melted chocolate has set.
- Remove from the pan, peel off the baking paper and break into pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!