Three ingredients will give you delicious breakfast or brunch.
Making these little beauties is so easy, and they really do only have three ingredients. Pastry, butter and Snickers chocolate bars 🙂
With Halloween fast approaching, these would be a great way to use up any excess chocolate bars as you don’t necessarily have to use Snickers. (Although, I would say that chocolate bars containing biscuit or wafer might not work quite as well.)
The ingredients below are simple to multiply if you want to make more than 8 mini croissants.
Ingredients – serves 4 (makes 8 mini-croissants):
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed (my sheets are 25cm/10 inches square)
- 6 mini ‘fun’ size Snickers bars, chopped into small pieces
- 30g/1 oz unsalted butter, diced into small pieces
- Heat your oven to 200C/180C fan forced/390F.
- Cut each of your thawed pastry sheets into quarters to give you 8 pieces of pastry.
- Divide the Snickers between the pastry squares, putting the chocolate into the middle of each pastry piece.
- Scatter the chopped butter over the Snickers.
- Roll each pastry piece diagonally to form logs.
- Once you have 8 little pastry logs, place them onto a large baking tray, curling them slightly into a crescent shape (so they look more like a traditional croissant).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
- Serve and enjoy!