Cake in cookie form.
These are sweet and soft, but with a delicious crunchy edge. They make a really nice change from cupcakes or standard cookies. Of course there is the added benefit that they contain a vegetable!
You could sandwich these together using cream cheese icing but I don’t think that they need it.
Ingredients – makes about 15:
- 125g/4 oz unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (firmly packed) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup traditional rolled oats (not the quick cook type)
- 1 heaped cup grated carrots (approx 2 carrots)
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- Heat your oven to 180C/160C fan forced/350F. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat together the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat to combine.
- Fold in the flour, oats, grated carrot and mixed spice until combined.
- Put heaped dessertspoon-sized balls of the cookie batter onto the prepared trays, leaving room for spreading.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the trays.
- Serve and enjoy!