Best brownie ever.
This tart is super simple to make with very few ingredients. You basically need to open a couple of packets!
The delicious cookie dough crust is the perfect match for the fudgy brownie tart filling. The whipped cream topping adds extra decadence too 🙂 This would be perfect for a dinner party as it is fancy enough to cut into small pieces for an elegant look.
You will need quite a large spring-form pan to get the tart to be the same thickness as mine. I used a 25cm/10 inch pan, but a 23cm/9 inch pan would probably work OK too.
Of course you can use home-made cookie dough rather than store-bought ready-made, but that is entirely up to you.
Ingredients – serves 8-10:
- 450g/1 lb tube ready-made chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 packet brownie mix (I used Betty Crockers 560g/20 oz)
- 125g/4.5 oz unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup thickened (double/heavy) cream, whipped
- chocolate shavings, optional, to decorate
- Heat your oven to 180C/160C fan forced/350F and spray a 25cm/10 inch spring-form pan with a little cooking spray.
- Cut the cookie dough into thin slices and then place them over the bottom of the prepared pan to form the tart base. (It doesn’t matter if there are a few small holes between the dough slices as the brownie mix will fill those, but cover the bottom of the pan as much as possible.)
- Put the brownie mix, melted butter and eggs into a large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Pour the brownie mix over the cookie dough base and use a spoon to level the surface.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the centre of the tart is just firm when lightly touched.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the pan.
- Remove from the pan and top the tart with the whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if using.
- Serve and enjoy!