Perfect for a weeknight meal.
These mini meatloaves take just 5 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to cook. Full of Mexican flavours, they make a great alternative to tacos. They are also much easier to eat without making a mess – I can never eat tacos without them breaking into a thousand pieces 🙂
If your family doesn’t like sweetcorn or red capsicum (bell pepper) then you can substitute with a different variety of canned beans instead. Of course you can make your own Mexican spice blend rather than using a packet of taco seasoning if you prefer.
I adapted this recipe from one I found in the May 2015 issue of Recipes+ magazine.
Ingredients – serves 4:
- 500g/1 lb beef mince (ground)
- 400g/14 oz can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 200g/7 oz can sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 1/2 red capsicum (bell pepper), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 packet (30g/1 oz) taco seasoning mix
- light sour cream and tortilla chips, to serve
- fresh coriander leaves, optional, to decorate
- Heat your oven to 200C/180C fan forced/390F.
- Spray four 1-cup mini loaf pans with a little cooking spray and place on a baking tray. If you don’t have any mini loaf pans then you can use four holes of a 6-hole ‘Texas’ muffin pan.
- Put the beef mince, kidney beans, sweetcorn, capsicum, breadcrumbs and taco seasoning into a large bowl. Use your clean hands to mix everything together.
- Press the beef mixture into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes, swapping the position of the loaf pans on the baking tray half way through the cooking time.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes before turning the meatloaves out onto your serving plates.
- Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream and with tortilla chips on the side. If you have a few fresh coriander leaves then you can add one to the top of each meatloaf to decorate.