Happy Fourth of July!
I thought I would bring this weekend’s blog post forward by a day in order to say hello to all my American readers. I know that many of you will be celebrating with BBQ food, but if you are responsible for dessert then perhaps these cookies will be a last minute idea.
The combination of smooth peanut butter in the dough as well as peanut butter chips makes these the ultimate cookie for PB fans. They are chewy and delicious.
I used Reese’s peanut butter chips for this recipe. If you don’t have any in your pantry then chocolate chips would work well too.
Depending on the size of the cookies that you make, this recipe will make up to 20.
Ingredients – makes approx 20 cookies:
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup (firmly packed) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 and 3/4 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Reese’s peanut butter chips
- Heat your oven to 180C/160C fan forced/350F.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat together the peanut butter and sugar until combined, then beat in the egg.
- Mix in the flour and milk to form a soft dough.
- Finally stir in the peanut butter chips.
- Form the dough into balls (just a little smaller than golf balls) and place on the baking trays. Leave some room around each ball but do not flatten them yet.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from the oven and use a spatula to flatten each of the cookies slightly.
- Rotate the trays and bake for another 5 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray for a minute. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!