Three ingredients 🙂
I’ve seen recipes for chocolate bark in a lot of places including this afternoon on TV, (on the ‘Barefoot Contessa’), so I decided it was about time that I made some.
It is AMAZING!
Simple, quick, full of flavour and perfect for giving as a Christmas gift. I really don’t have a bad word to say about this. It is also very versatile – you can use any type of chocolate and you don’t have to stick to just dried cranberries and pistachio nuts.
The recipe below makes quite a few servings – unless you are a choc-oholic…
Ingredients – serves 6-8:
- 400g/14 oz white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted pistachio nuts, (shells removed), well chopped
- Melt the chocolate using the method that you prefer – I placed it in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, but you can also microwave it in 30-second bursts, stirring regularly until smooth whichever method you use.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, then pour the melted chocolate onto the paper and smooth it out until you have an even, thin layer. I filled my baking tray which is a 38cm x 26cm (15 inch x 10 inch) rectangle.
- Immediately scatter over the chopped cranberry pieces, followed by the pistachio nuts.
- Put the baking tray in the fridge until the chocolate is set.
- Break your bark into pieces using your hands. The pieces don’t have to be the same size – random is good. If you need help to break the chocolate then you can press on it lightly with a table knife.
- Serve and enjoy!