Just three ingredients 🙂
These delicious pastries are an ideal treat for a weekend brunch. They are super simple to put together and quick to cook too.
I used bacon and cheddar cheese in my pastries but of course you can be as creative as you like with your fillings. Easy swaps for the bacon include chopped leg ham, or go vegetarian and use some mushrooms that have been cooked in a little butter.
These can be served on their own or as part of a larger buffet spread. Scrambled eggs would be perfect as an accompaniment.
Ingredients – makes 4 pastries:
- 150g/5 oz diced bacon
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed (my sheets are 25cm/10 inches square)
- approx 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Heat your oven to 200C/180C fan forced/390F and spray a baking tray with a little cooking spray.
- Fry the diced bacon until just starting to colour. It doesn’t need to be cooked right through as it will cook further in the oven. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Cut the pastry sheets into 4 triangles. (I simply cut my square pastry sheets diagonally.)
- Scatter the bacon and cheese over the pastry triangles.
- Take one of the pastry triangles and roll it up starting at the bottom of the triangle. Twist the ends if required to enclose the filling. Place the pastry on the prepared baking tray and turn the ends together to form a shape like a croissant. Repeat with the other pastries.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
- Serve and enjoy!