This cooks in about 10 minutes.
If you are looking for a light option for dinner then this is perfect. The ‘noodles’ are just zucchini strips which means they are super healthy. The delicious chilli and ginger-infused coconut sauce gives the whole dish an amazing flavour. My husband isn’t a huge fan of either fish or zucchini but he loved this 🙂
I used some frozen whiting fillets from New Zealand. This was purely for convenience – I only have fish in the freezer because we don’t eat much of it and I wouldn’t want fresh fish to go to waste. However, you can use any firm fish fillets for this dish so buy whatever you prefer or matches your budget.
If you like spicy food then add an extra chilli.
Ingredients – serves 2:
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 long red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1cm/0.5 inch piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 spring (green/salad) onions, finely sliced
- 2 fillets skinless firm white fish, de-boned and cut into pieces if large
- 2 zucchini (courgettes), cut into long thin strips (tip: use a julienne peeler or a spiraliser)
- Add the chilli, ginger and garlic to the coconut cream and set aside for at least 10 minutes for the flavours to infuse.
- Pour the coconut mixture into a large sauté pan for which you have a lid, and then place the fish fillets and the majority of the spring onion pieces into the pan. Spoon some of the coconut mixture over the fish.
- Place the pan over a medium-low heat on the stovetop and cook for 5 minutes until the mixture is just simmering.
- Add the zucchini noodles on top of the fish, and then put the lid on the pan. Cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove the lid and check if the fish is flaky – if you used thick fish fillets then it may need a little longer.
- Use tongs to remove the zucchini noodles from the pan and place on your serving plates. Carefully remove the fish pieces from the pan, place on top of the zucchini noodles and then spoon over a little of the coconut sauce. Garnish with the remaining spring onion pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!