Another egg recipe 🙂
Our chickens have gone into over-drive with their laying, so eggs have become top of my ingredients list at the moment!
This tart is a variation of my usual quiche recipe – it uses baby peas, spring onions and parmesan instead of the usual bacon and cheddar cheese. The result is super light and fresh, making it perfect for lunch.
The great thing about this is that you don’t need to pre-cook the peas. (However, if you can’t get baby peas then you might want to give them 30 seconds in the microwave first.)
Ingredients – serves 6:
- 1 sheet frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 3 small spring onions (salad/green onions), finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Heat your oven to 200C/180C fan forced/390F. Lightly coat a 23cm/9 inch quiche dish with cooking spray.
- Line the quiche dish with the pastry, trimming and patching as required to cover the bottom and sides of the dish.
- Scatter the peas, chopped spring onions and parmesan over the pastry to form an even layer.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a jug then pour into the pastry case. (Pour slowly so you don’t disrupt the layer of peas etc.)
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the filling is set and golden all over.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for about 15 minutes before serving.