Super delicious salad.
This is the kind of salad you could eat every day. Tasty, full of interesting morsels, and you still feel like you are being healthy 🙂
I particularly love all the different textures in this salad. The crunchy croutons make a huge difference and really work well with the creamy dressing.
If you aren’t a garlic lover then leave it out and perhaps use a little oregano to flavor the chicken instead.
Ingredients – serves 4 as a side dish or 2 as a main:
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 150g/5oz chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 2 slices bread, cut into small cubes
- 50g/2oz pepperoni slices, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 Cos lettuce, washed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
- 1 dessertspoon light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon whole egg mayonnaise
- squirt of lemon juice
- Put the oil and garlic into a sauté pan and cook the chicken pieces over a medium heat until just starting to turn golden. Remove from the pan and place on a plate in the fridge to cool.
- Add the bread cubes to the pan and cook until golden – they will pick up any oil and garlic left in the pan. Set aside to cool.
- Once the chicken has chilled, put it in a salad bowl or serving plate with the pepperoni, croutons, chopped lettuce and tomatoes. Toss gently using tongs or salad servers to mix the ingredients.
- Stir together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl then dollop sparingly over the top of the salad.
- Serve and enjoy!