This is a gourmet meal requiring zero effort 🙂
You really don’t need any cooking skills to make this delicious dinner, and there are only 3 ingredients (plus whatever you have as a side dish) 🙂
The chicken bakes in the oven and picks up the flavours from both the basil pesto and the prosciutto. If you don’t have any prosciutto then use bacon instead.
I served my chicken with some parmesan-flavoured soft polenta, but creamy mashed potatoes or even couscous would work well too.
Ingredients – serves 2:
- 2 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 200g/7oz each)
- 2 heaped teaspoons ready-made basil pesto
- 80g/3oz sliced prosciutto
- soft polenta, mashed potatoes or couscous, to serve
- Heat your oven to 200C/180C fan forced/390F.
- Use a small sharp knife to cut the chicken breast lengthways but don’t cut all the way through. You just want to open up the chicken so you can spread some of the pesto through the middle.
- Push the pesto-stuffed chicken back together and then wrap each chicken breast in prosciutto.
- Place the prosciutto-wrapped chicken onto a non-stick baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for a couple of minutes before slicing and serving on your choice of polenta, mashed potato or couscous.