So cute and only 5 ingredients.
These little hand pies are really easy to make, and you can pretty much fill them with whatever you like – you don’t have to stick to my recipe 🙂
I used sliced button mushrooms which I then chopped roughly so they were like mushroom bits instead. I also diced up half a Spanish chorizo sausage. If you only have Mexican chorizo then that would also work – just crumble it in.
I added the grated cheddar cheese to the top to bind the ingredients together – plus I love cheese!
Ingredients – makes 8 little pies:
- 200g/7oz button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 60g/2oz chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 3 spring (salad/green) onions, finely sliced
- 2 sheets ready-rolled frozen puff pastry, thawed. (My sheets are 25cm/10 inches square)
- a little grated cheddar cheese
- Put the diced mushrooms, chorizo and spring onion into a non-stick sauté or shallow frying pan and cook over a medium heat for a couple of minutes, or until the mushrooms release their liquid. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Heat your oven to 200C/180C fan forced/390F and spray 8 holes from a 12-hole standard muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Cut the pastry into 8 squares (about 12cm/5 inches square) and use them to line the 8 prepared muffin holes. You will have to fold the pastry a little to get it to sit in the holes, but it doesn’t matter if some hangs out.
- Fill the pastry with the cooled mushroom mixture, then top each pie with a little of the cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- You can serve the pies warm, or leave them to cool completely. (I topped my pies with a little extra spring onion to make them pretty.)